Monday, September 27, 2010

Inspire Me Monday: Ami Vitale


Happy Monday folks! I am alittle late getting this out there today but I claim a pass as I am prepping for my move to Zambia!

This week I had to do an Inspire Me Monday on Ami Vitale because when it comes to inspiration she delivers!  Ami makes beautiful images that have the power to tell the full story in a single click of the shudder. I am so inspired by the repetitive themes within her work as she shows issues with water, maternal health, environmental images, etc.



When I was sorting through her images on her website, I felt as if I was reading individual chapters of a very concise book. Ami sticks to what she knows, but she brings a new dimension to similar themes. Shooting similar subject matter often leads to static repetitive images, Ami seems to take on that challenge and prove that it is as simple as changing your perspective and stretching your photographic imagination.

I challenge myself this Monday to make beautiful images in an everyday situation, all it takes is looking beyond what is in front of you and show casing it in a new way. I hope you all are inspired this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment