Monday, September 6, 2010

Inspire Me Monday: Prabuddha Dasgupta

Happy Monday my fellow photogs! If this photographer doesn't inspire your Monday than I don't know what will. When I first stumbled upon Prabuddah Dasgupta photography, I was blown away. This self taught photographer has his own vision of the world and it is breathtaking!

What struck me the most about this website is the difference between Dasgupta's personal work and his commissioned pieces, while there is a beauty in his commissioned photography, the power in his photography is in every selection of his personal work. He uses every trick in the book to bewitch you with his imagery. Abstraction, mystery, darkness, reflection, refraction...consider this my mind being officially blown creatively.



If this isn't sheer motivation to go out and shoot your own personal projects, than I'm not sure what else will do it! Your best photo work comes from you, the things you are passionate about. Now I think I have to go and purchase The Edge of Faith so I can pass his work every single day and be reminded that you have to be behind the wheel of your best work.

No comments:

Post a Comment