Friday, November 12, 2010

Being Selfless

Some of you know that my brother Ian and his wife Priscella decided to become foster parents this year, they went through a rigorous class and approval process in Arizona. The stork visited them in April and brought them two little bundles of joy, Sebastion (3) and Claudia (6 months). It's not my story to tell so I won't get into the details behind what led to their arrival, however I have say that I believe being a foster parent is truly the definition of being selfless. To invest your entire heart and life into two little people without ever knowing what tomorrow will bring is the description of modern day heros.



I was thrilled to be home to celebrate Claudia's 1st birthday which was celebrated in style at Meemaw's house. We stripped her down to her diaper, put her on the counter, and let her have her way with her cake. She was alittle slow to get started (cake is a messy business you know) but by the end of 5 minutes we had the makings of a major chocaholic in the works. I was thrilled to be home and share this special moment with her and her family. Ian and Priscella, I am so proud to call you my brother and sister.











2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is pretty amazing Ian and Priscilla, the joy of seeing smiling faces and the security of a loved home for Sebastian and Claudia has been a wonderful thing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these people and i am so privilideged to have such an amazing family ian,priscella,and crystal you are amazings sisters and an amazing brother and sebastian and claudia you are 2 amazing and beautiful children i will love you all forever and for always
    love
    jordann

    ReplyDelete