Monday, November 1, 2010

Inspire Me Monday: The Girl Effect

So I have been a total slacker on my blog for the last two weeks, my only excuse is that I have traveled through 12 states, 2183 miles, and 38 hours of drive time. It has been an adventure and I have got to see some of my all time favorite people and places. I am almost done with this road trip but will be traveling to Arizona where I will spend a month at home with my family, helping my aunt who is recovering from surgery and  hopefully getting to experiment with some of my new audio gear!

Anyhow this Monday, I am feeling especially inspired by women. I feel so blessed by all of the women in my world. I attribute this to the fact that I got to see some of my all time favorite ladies on this trip. Here is a special shot out to: Carrie, Leah, Ashley, Leighanne, Nicole, Judy Deaton, Linda Stricklin, Judy Daniel, and Linda Washington. The truth is my life is more enriched be being touched by these woman, but when I was thinking about this I kept coming back to this video I saw a few weeks back called The Girl Effect.

Women are affecting the world in a big way, and when organizations help women they help more than individuals, they help families and communities. 

http://www.girleffect.org/share/the-big-picture/the-girl-effect-ticking-clock?sms_ss=email&at_xt=4ccb211d52baebbe,0

It is so worth watching and thinking about the big world picture of how women affect the world. I hope you are inspired fema-nazi style by the power of women. I know that I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment