Thursday, August 19, 2010

Website Updates!

Hello all!

I have posted images from my final shoot in Haiti. I worked with ACDI-Voca during the bean harvest. As always I will be forever impressed with the resilience of the Haitian people. Many of the farmers I worked with were hosting multiple family members from the areas that were damaged by the earthquake.

My favorite bit of work is the Haitian Farmer portraits, their approach and positive attitude in regards to their works comes out. And I feel nothing but admiration when I look at the portraits. You can also find new work from the harvest in the Haiti section under Agriculture 2.

Just for fun, I put in some of my favorite photos from our 7,000 mile road trip. I must say, it is great to be back in the U.S.A. It is something I don't think I will ever take for granted again. Upon return from Haiti, I must say I am so appreciative of the simple things in life. These photos are just reminders to all of us who forget how lucky we are to live in a place like this.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I was a friend of Dom's in Haiti and followed his link on facebook to your site. I love it! You said you posted your Haitian farmer pictures...where are they? Maybe I didn't read back far enough. Anyway, love the site, love the work, keep it up!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,

    So great to hear from you! The farmer photographers are in the Portraiture gallery under Haitian Farmers. Wonderful to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete